By: Stanley Popovich
Many people use the help of God to overcome their fears and anxieties. God is stronger than your fears and anxieties and its important to include God in your life when struggling with your mental health.
Here are some suggestions on how a person can use the help of God in his or her own struggles.
1.The first step a person should do is to start talking and praying to God. A person can go to church or to a quiet place to tell God that they are having a problem. They should tell God how they feel and ask God for some of his help. A person could also review the Bible and read some articles on trusting in God and then apply these concepts in their life.
2. Rely on the power of God. The power of God is the one power that is stronger than your fears and anxieties. God loves each one of us and he is the only person who has the power to solve all of your problems. God will help you if you ask him to.
3. A person needs to be aware of how God is working in their life. Most of the time, God works in mysterious ways and the answers he provides might not be that obvious. A person must be aware of God being in their life when they are dealing with their fears and anxieties.
4. A person must be sensitive to the answers God gives them. Some people think that the answers that God provides must be religious in nature. That is not always the case. These answers could involve basic psychology and cognitive techniques that deals with how to manage fear and anxiety. Do not be quick to dismiss basic psychological techniques that could be a factor in your recovery.
5. Talk to a member of the clergy or a professional counselor to help deal with your fears and anxieties.They will be able to provide you with additional advice and insights on how to deal with your current problem. By talking to a professional, a person will be helping themselves in the long run because they will become better able to deal with their problems in the future. Remember that it never hurts to ask for help.
6. The most important thing is to continue praying and talking to God. Talk to God as if you were talking to a friend. Be persistent and be open in the avenues that God may provide to you in solving your problem. It is not always easy, however God is in control and he will help you if you ask for assistance.
Note: The topics of these free articles are covered much more thoroughly in the book, “A Layman’s Guide to Managing Fear Using Psychology, Christianity and Non Resistant Methods“.