Does Your Depression Get The Best Of You?
By: Stanley Popovich
Some people have a difficult time in managing their depression which can make things very challenging.
When you are in this situation, it is important to know what to do so that your mental health issues do not overwhelm you.
As a result, here are seven ways that a person can use to help conquer their depression in their life.
1. Learn how to manage your thoughts: One of the ways to overcome your depression is to challenge your negative thinking with positive statements and realistic thinking. When encountering thoughts that make you fearful, challenge those thoughts by asking yourself questions that will maintain objectivity and common sense. Your fearful thoughts are usually not based on reality.
2. Take a break: Some people get depressed and have a difficult time getting through the day. When this happens, a person should take a deep breath and try to find something to do to get their mind off of the problem. A person could take a walk, listen to some music, read the newspaper, or do an activity that will give them a fresh perspective on things.
3. Use Self-Visualization: Sometimes, we can get anxious over a task that we will have to perform in the near future. When this happens, visualize yourself doing the task in your mind. For instance, you have to play in the championship volleyball game in front of a large group of people in the next few days. Before the big day comes, imagine yourself playing the game in your mind. By doing this, you will be better prepared when the time comes.
4. Carry a small notebook of positive statements with you: Another technique that is very helpful is to have a small notebook of positive statements that makes you feel good. Whenever you come across an affirmation that relaxes you, write it down in a small notebook that you can carry around with you in your pocket. Whenever you feel depressed, open up your small notebook and read those statements.
5. Worrying makes it worse: A lot of times, our worrying can make the problem even worse. All the worrying in the world will not change anything. All you can do is to do your best each day, hope for the best, and when something does happen, take it in stride.
6. Take it one day at a time: Instead of worrying about how you will get through the rest of the week or month, try to focus on today. Each day can provide us with different opportunities to learn new things and that includes learning how to deal with your problems. You never know when the answers you are looking for will come to your doorstep.
7. Take advantage of the help that is available around you: If possible, talk to a professional who can help you manage your fears and anxieties. They will be able to provide you with additional advice and insights on how to deal with your current problem. By talking to a professional, a person will be helping themselves in the long run because they will become better able to deal with their problems in the future.
Like What You Read?
Get more info by ordering Stan’s managing fear book which will reduce your suffering and save you money in expensive counseling. You will find something in Stan’s book and website articles that will help you! Still not sure? Read the rest of Stan’s blog and study Stan’s professional book reviews from those who benefited from his 20+ years of experiences and insights. Get Stan’s affordable book right now at PayPal, Amazon, or Barnes & Noble by clicking on Get Stan’s Book