How To Help A Friend With Their Anxieties And Depression
By: Stanley Popovich
Do you know a friend or loved one who suffers from fear, anxiety, and depression and do not know what to do? It can be frustrating to watch someone you know suffer and not be able to help them.
With this in mind, here are six ways to help the person cope in these kinds of situations.
1. Learn as much as you can in managing anxiety and depression: There are many books and information that will educate you on how to deal with fear and anxiety. Share this information with the person who is struggling with their mental health issues.
2. Be understanding and patient with the person struggling with their fears: Dealing with depression and anxiety can be difficult for the person so do not add more problems than what is already there. Do not get into arguments with the person whose having a difficult time with their anxieties.
3. Talk to the person instead of talking at them: It is important not to lecture the person who is struggling with anxiety and depression. Talk to the person about their issues without being rude. Most people will listen if you approach them in a proper manner.
4. Ask for help: Seek assistance from a counselor who can help your friend or relative with their mental health issues. A counselor can give you advice and ideas on how you can help your friend or relative who is struggling.
5. Find out why the person won’t get help: Address the issues on why the person will not seek treatment. Many people who are struggling are fearful and frustrated. Try to find out the reasons why he or she won’t get the help they need and then try to find ways that will overcome their resistance of seeking assistance.
6. Remind the person on the consequences of not getting help: Anxiety and depression will not go away by themselves. Explain to the person that ignoring their mental health issues will only make things worse in the long run.
Consider The Following:
Stan’s book contains a lot more valuable information than the 14 articles and blog posts on this website. Stan’s book will make a difference in your recovery. If you know of anyone who is struggling, have them review this website and the book reviews and consider getting Stan’s affordable book by clicking on Get Stan’s Book