There Are Other Options Other Than Suicide
By: Stanley Popovich
You are at the end of your rope and you can’t take it any much longer. You are in pain and you feel there is no hope.
The first step you need to do is to seek treatment for your mental health issues. Do not make the decision to end your life when you are in these kinds of fearful situations.
With this in mind, here are seven reasons why suicide is not an option regarding your problems.
1. Things change over time: Regardless of your circumstances, events do not stay the same. Everything changes over time. Knowing that your situation will improve will help give you the confidence that things are not as bad as they seem. In addition, your loneliness will not last.
2. There are always other options: You may feel lost and confused, but the answers to your specific problems are out there. The key is that you have to find the answers; the answers to your anxieties and depression will not come to you. As mentioned before, the first step in finding the solution to your problem is to seek help from a qualified professional.
3. You can’t predict the future: Remember that no one can predict the future with one hundred percent certainty. Even if the thing that you are afraid of does happen, there are circumstances and factors that you can’t predict which can be used to your advantage.
For instance, you miss the deadline for a project you have been working on. Everything you feared is coming true. Suddenly, your boss tells you that the deadline is extended and that he forgot to tell you the day before. This unknown factor changes everything.
4. Focus on the facts of your situation and not your thoughts: When people are depressed, they rely on their fearful and depressing thoughts. Your fearful thoughts are exaggerated and are not based on reality. When you are depressed, focus on the facts of your current situation and not on what you think. Do not assume anything regarding your current situation.
5. Worrying makes things worse: A lot of times, our worrying can make the problem even worse. All the worrying in the world will not change anything. All you can do is to do your best each day, hope for the best, and when something does happen, take it in stride. The key is not to get upset and learn how to manage your negative thoughts.
6. Go to the hospital when it is that bad: If things are so bad that you are unable to function, drop everything and go to your local hospital or crisis center immediately. The people at the hospital or crisis center will take care of you right away.
7. No situation is hopeless: There are many people and organizations that are willing to help you, but you must be willing to take advantage of this help. Regardless of your situation, take advantage of the assistance that is around you. Every problem has a solution. You just have to find it.
Like What You Read?
Get more info by ordering Stan’s managing fear book which will reduce your suffering and save you money in expensive counseling. You will find something in Stan’s book and website articles that will help you! Still not sure? Read the rest of Stan’s blog and study Stan’s professional book reviews from those who benefited from his 20+ years of experiences and insights. Get Stan’s affordable book right now at PayPal, Amazon, or Barnes & Noble by clicking on Get Stan’s Book