By: Stan Popovich
Sometimes, fear and anxiety can overwhelm us when we have to be a leader. Being a manager requires the ability to lead people and this can cause some fear and anxiety.
As a result, here are seven tips on how to not let stress and anxiety be a factor when it comes to being a leader.
1. Know your objectives: The first thing a person must do is to understand what needs to be done. Knowing what you want to do is important and can save you a lot of time in the long run.
2. Develop a strategy: Learn to develop a plan on how to achieve your goals. Write down the steps that you need to do in order to reach your goals. Staying organized can help reduce your stress and anxiety when you are a manager.
3. Take action: Once you know what you want to accomplish, the next step is to perform the actions that are required to get the job done. This will help get rid of the stress and anxiety of rushing at the last minute in order to meet a deadline.
4. Communicate on a regular basis: It is important that everyone who is a part of your team knows what needs to be done. Talk with your team members on a daily basis to be sure everything is being done correctly.
5. Prepare for any surprises: Sometimes, things happen that might take everyone by surprise. Be flexible and when unexpected things happen try to deal with them right away.
6. Stay on top of things: Do not put things off when you can do them right away. You never know when something may come up that might need your immediate attention. Being efficient on a daily basis can prevent future problems down the road.
7. Don’t assume anything: Do not take anything for granted when you are a leader. Ask questions and be aware of what is happening under your watch. Never assume that everything will go according to plan. The key is to be ready for anything.
Consider The Following:
Stan’s book contains a lot more valuable information than the 14 articles and blog posts on this website. Stan’s book will make a difference in your recovery. If you know of anyone who is struggling, have them review this website and the book reviews and consider getting Stan’s affordable book by clicking on Get Stan’s Book