By: Stan Popovich
Sometimes, fear and anxiety can overwhelm us when we have to be a leader.
Being a manager requires the ability to lead people and this can cause some fear and anxiety.
As a result, here are seven tips on how to not let stress and anxiety be a factor when it comes to being a leader.
1. Know your priorities: The first thing a person must understand is that you need to know what the task is that needs to be accomplished. Knowing what you must do is important and can save you a lot of time and stress. It would be a waste of time if you performed a task for a few weeks and realized that you didn’t need to channel all that energy in the wrong direction.
2. Develop a strategy: Learn to develop a plan on how to accomplish the task. Write down the steps that your team needs to complete in order to reach your goals. This will save you a lot of time in the long run and reduce your stress and anxiety.
3. Take action: Once you know what you want to accomplish, the next step is to perform the actions that are required to get the job done. If you can, try to do the more important things first. This will help get rid of the stress and anxiety of rushing at the last minute in order to meet a deadline.
4. Communicate on a regular basis: It is important that everyone on your team is on the same wavelength. For instance, your company needs to develop a new advertising campaign, and your team is to present the board on how to go about it. The last thing you want is to have your team members assume that they know what is needed and have them do their own thing. Talk with your team members daily to be sure everything is being done according to plan.
5. Prepare for unexpected surprises: Sometimes, business problems can occur such as dealing with a difficult boss. Be flexible and when unexpected things happen learn to deal with them immediately. Another example is when some members of the team become sick and are unable to do their jobs. Instead of getting stressed out, reassign some of the tasks to the other team members. Being prepared for surprises is important when being a leader.
6. Say on top of things: Do what you can today. Do not put things off when you can do them right away. You never know when something may come up that might need your immediate attention. Being efficient on a daily basis can prevent future business problems down the road and you will be more successful.
7. Don’t assume anything: Finally, do not assume anything when being an effective leader. Ask questions and be aware of what is happening under your watch. If a problem comes up, then deal with it right away. Communicating with your other team members is important in having a successful business and don’t assume that everything will always go according to plan.
Like What You Read?
Get more info by ordering Stan’s managing fear book which will reduce your suffering and save you money in expensive counseling. You will find something in Stan’s book and website articles that will help you! Still not sure? Read the rest of Stan’s blog and study Stan’s professional book reviews from those who benefited from his 20+ years of experiences and insights. Get Stan’s affordable book right now at PayPal, Amazon, or Barnes & Noble by clicking on Get Stan’s Book