By: Stan Popovich
If you or someone you love is struggling with their mental health, the first thing you need to do is to seek help from a qualified mental health professional.
I dealt with fear and anxiety for over 20 years and I talked with many mental health counselors to help get my life back on track.
As I struggled throughout my life, there were some things that I learned during my mental health struggles that may help somebody you may know.
As a result, here are 17 important mental health facts that every person should know:
- Getting help for your mental health problems is the best thing you can do.
- You can’t run away from your mental health issues.
- There is nothing wrong in asking for help.
- Your situation is not hopeless regardless what you may think.
- There is no such thing as a quick fix when it comes to your mental health.
- Focus on your recovery rather than trying to please others.
- Go to the nearest hospital if you are experiencing a mental health crisis.
- Your mental health is just as important as your physical health.
- You must make an effort in finding the answers to your mental health issues.
- Focus on the facts of your situation rather than your fearful thoughts.
- Joining a support group is a great way of finding people who can relate to you.
- Follow the advice from the professionals rather than your friends.
- Do not try to manage your mental health problems all by yourself.
- Determine the source of your anxieties and then find ways to overcome it.
- Do not make assumptions regarding your current mental health situation.
- Do not underestimate the power of God when it comes to your mental health.
- Learning from your past mental health experiences will help you in the present.
In addition to talking to a mental health counselor regarding your mental health issues, there is another thing that you can do to increase your chances of getting your life back on track just as I did.
Talk to somebody who has struggled with their mental health on a personal level.
People who struggle with fear, anxiety, and depression can offer valuable advice to anybody who is having a difficult time. These people “have been there” and they can talk to others about their experiences which can help a lot of people. You can find these people by joining a local mental health support group in your area. These support groups are attended by people who can offer personal insights regarding their mental health struggles.
Stan Popovich struggled with fear and anxiety for over 20 years and Stan’s website and book can help you right now!
I documented my mental health experiences on this website www.managingfear.com and with my managing fear book. Please read my blog and my articles in the article section to get some free and valuable mental health advice. There is no cost. If you find my experiences helpful, you may want to consider reading my popular book.
Although I am not a professional counselor, I used my personal experiences and information gained from various counselors to help create my website and write my popular managing fear book. Although I can relate to others, my book and website are not a substitute for the guidance of a professional.
With this in mind, please review my website and I hope you find something that can help you or somebody you know!
Like What You Read?
Get more info by ordering Stan’s managing fear book which will reduce your suffering and save you money in expensive counseling. You will find something in Stan’s book and website articles that will help you! Still not sure? Read the rest of Stan’s blog and study Stan’s professional book reviews from those who benefited from his 20+ years of experiences and insights. Get Stan’s affordable book right now at PayPal, Amazon, or Barnes & Noble by clicking on Get Stan’s Book