By: Stan Popovich
Many people are afraid of trying new things because they are afraid that they may fail.
This can prevent the person from learning new and exciting things in their life.
As a result, here are eight tips on how to manage the fear of not making it.
1. Learn to take things one step at a time: Focus on what you want to accomplish in the present instead of looking ahead. Take things one step at a time instead of trying to do everything all at once. Pace yourself and try to have a positive mindset when achieving your goals.
2. Keep on trying and do not give up: Sometimes it will take a lot of work to get something you want. A lot of times you will not make it the first or second time around. Persistence and patience are important if you want to accomplish anything in life. Do not be in a rush to get things accomplished.
3. Learn from your mistakes: When dealing with any kind of rejection, make it a practice of learning from it. Try to improve on what you did the last time so that when you try again you will not make the same mistakes. You will also increase your chances of making it the next time around.
4. Worrying can make the problem even worse: All the worrying in the world will not change anything. All you can do is to do your best each day, hope for the best, and when something does happen, take it in stride. Do not get upset when you don’t get something right away.
5. Focus on what your good at: The key is to try to do things that are within your reach. Every person has their strengths and weaknesses when it comes to doing certain things. Find out what your good at, develop realistic goals, and then make the effort to accomplish what you want done.
6. Use Self-Visualization: Sometimes, we can get anxious over a task that we will have to perform in the near future. When this happens, visualize yourself doing the task in your mind. For instance, you have to play in the championship volleyball game in front of a large group of people in the next few days. Before the big day comes, imagine yourself playing the game in your mind. By doing this, you will be better prepared when the time comes.
7. You will experience some rejection: When you go for a job interview or ask somebody out on a date, you will get turned down eventually. There is no way to avoid getting turned down and you will have to accept the fact that you can’t get everything you want all the time. It is important not to get upset if you don’t make it the first time around.
8. Asking for help can make a difference: Talk to someone who can help you manage your fears of not making it. A person will be able to provide you with additional advice and insights on how to deal with your current problem. By talking to someone, you will become better able to deal with your problems in the future.
Like What You Read?
Get more info by ordering Stan’s managing fear book which will reduce your suffering and save you money in expensive counseling. You will find something in Stan’s book and website articles that will help you! Still not sure? Read the rest of Stan’s blog and study Stan’s professional book reviews from those who benefited from his 20+ years of experiences and insights. Get Stan’s affordable book right now at PayPal, Amazon, or Barnes & Noble by clicking on Get Stan’s Book