By: Stan Popovich
Do you ever wonder what you would do if you lost your job? It can very scary when you find out that you no longer have a paycheck coming in.
As a result, here are six tips on how to manage the fear of losing your job.
1. Keep your skills up to date: The first step is to get into the habit of always updating your skills just in case something would happen. Continuous education in your field of work will also help you. If you do lose your job, having the proper skills will make it easier to find another job.
2. Take control of your career: Do not rely on your current employer for a job. Keep your resume current and learn how to do an effective job search. Try to learn some new skills while you have a job. Being prepared will help manage your fears and anxieties of losing your job in the future.
3. Manage your finances: Develop a budget to manage your expenses and try to save some money on a monthly basis. You never know when you might be out of a job so its important to have some money saved in the bank in case something would happen.
4. Stay active in your current job: Always keep the lines of communication open at your job. Communication with management and others can give you an idea of how safe your job may be. This will give you time to prepare ahead time.
5. Learn how to manage your worrying: It can be difficult not to worry when you are in the process of being unemployed. Instead of getting sick with worry, try to think of the positive things in your life. Take things one day at a time and do not try to predict what may happen in the future.
6. Talk to a mental health counselor: Many counselors may know of different government programs that could help you with your finances if you lose your job. In addition, a counselor will be able to give you advice on how to manage your anxieties.
Consider The Following:
Stan’s book contains a lot more valuable information than the 14 articles and blog posts on this website. Stan’s book will make a difference in your recovery. If you know of anyone who is struggling, have them review this website and the book reviews and consider getting Stan’s affordable book by clicking on Get Stan’s Book