By: Stan Popovich
Nowadays, it is important to be a productive employee at your place of employment. Many companies are laying off people so it is imperative that you have something to offer to the company you are working for.
As a result, here are some suggestions on how to become a valuable employee at your job.
1. Understand your company’s goals: Many employees do not take the time to understand the goals of the place they are working at. It is important to know the short and long term plans of your company and try to do your best in meeting the organization’s objectives.
2. Get along with your boss and co-workers: It is important that you have a good business relationship with the people you work with. If everybody sees how much of a hard worker you are, the more likely you will keep your job.
3. Communicate your value to others: Figure out what you have to offer your company and communicate this to the important people at your company. Take the initiative to be a problem solver and someone that your managers can depend on.
4. Always dress for success: Some employees are hard workers but they don’t take care of their personal hygiene. Always make sure your hair is comb and wear professional clothing. The rule of thumb is to dress as if you were going on a job interview.
5. Be flexible: Let management know that you are always willing to learn new things. Be willing to go the extra mile. Become known as the person people can depend on when things need done at the last minute.
6. Get to know others: It is important that the people you work with know something about you besides your job functions. Getting to know the people you work with is a great way of showing that you care and this will help you in the long run.
Consider The Following:
Stan’s book contains a lot more valuable information than the 14 articles and blog posts on this website. Stan’s book will make a difference in your recovery. If you know of anyone who is struggling, have them review this website and the book reviews and consider getting Stan’s affordable book by clicking on Get Stan’s Book