By: Stanley Popovich
Some people can have a difficult time in managing their popularity and success.
It can also be challenging in trying to please everyone when your well known.
As a result, here are six tips on how to deal with the pressures of fame in one’s life.
1. Know where you stand: Ask yourself if you are willing to do things in order to please others. Think about it and determine for yourself where you stand on certain issues. Once you decide what you want to accomplish don’t change your mind if your friends start to pressure you.
2. Tell others on your position: Once you know where you stand on certain things, you need to communicate this to the people you hang out with. Be willing to answer any questions so that your friends know where you are coming from. Always be clear and honest when addressing your peers.
You have the choice to walk away from your friends who are trying to get you into some kind of trouble. Your better off to just leave your friends if they are making you anxious and stressed out. All you have to say is that you need some space and then just go somewhere else.
3. Stay consistent: Always remain consistent on your values and beliefs. People will not take you seriously if you are constantly changing your mind. Regardless what you believe in, be consistent in what you preach. This will reduce any future misunderstandings down the road.
4. Be happy with who you are: It is important to be happy with yourself instead of trying to please everyone else. Find people who will accept you for who you are. It is better to be alone than to be with people who are only using you for your fame and popularity.
5. Deal with supportive friends: It is important for successful people to have a support system that includes some family members and reliable friends. It can be difficult to be popular and it is wise to have people who will stand by you when your fame and popularity disappears.
Remember you cannot please everybody. People who are popular need to understand that no matter how successful they may be, there will always be those who will like you and those who do not. There is nothing you can do about this regardless how nice and friendly you may be. Always do what is best for you rather than trying to make everyone else happy in your life. You will feel a lot better with yourself in the long run.
6. Ask for some help: There will be times that the pressures of fame will get to you. It is important to talk to a mental health counselor who can give you additional advice on how to cope with the demands of being popular and successful. In addition, never sacrifice your mental and physical health for the pursuit of fame and success. Your health will last a lifetime while your fame will not.
Like What You Read?
Get more info by ordering Stan’s managing fear book which will reduce your suffering and save you money in expensive counseling. You will find something in Stan’s book and website articles that will help you! Still not sure? Read the rest of Stan’s blog and study Stan’s professional book reviews from those who benefited from his 20+ years of experiences and insights. Get Stan’s affordable book right now at PayPal, Amazon, or Barnes & Noble by clicking on Get Stan’s Book