By: Stan Popovich
Do you have a difficult time distracting yourself from your fears and anxieties?
If so, developing goals in your life may help you to focus on the positive things in your life rather than dwelling on your worries.
Here are some reasons why developing goals in your life can help you to overcome your fears.
1. Goals help you to focus: Developing goals will help you manage your fears because goals will distract you from dwelling on your anxieties. For instance, you have to finish a report by the end of the week. If you focus on finishing your report, this will distract you from thinking about your fears and anxieties.
2. Goals can help motivate you: Developing and following through with your goals will help motivate you to do other things. Being active can help you to not focus on your current anxieties and stresses, however you will still need to find a way to deal with your fears and anxieties for the long term.
3. Goals require developing a plan: It is much easier to accomplish something if you know what you want and if you have a plan. Knowing what you want will help manage the stresses and anxieties that you may have. Having a sense of purpose can really help you in countering the stresses and anxieties in your life.
4. Goals requires you to be active: Developing goals will help you to be active during your stressful times. Setting goals will help you to keep busy instead of worrying about your problems. Once you accomplish your goals, you will feel better about yourself.
5. Goals can improve your confidence: If you are able to accomplish some of your goals, you will become more confident in yourself. Achieving your goals will give you the courage to pursue other things in your life and will give you the motivation in dealing with your fears and anxieties. This is a lot better than sitting around and dwelling on your current circumstances.
6. Goals can help you to improve: Goals can help you to prevent from making mistakes that you might of made in the past. Developing goals helps to re-evaluate your situation and helps you to make better choices in the long run. The key is to learn from your experiences and continue to move forward by creating realistic goals.
7. Goals helps you to be more positive: The key in overcoming the cycle of worry and fear is overcoming your fearful thoughts. Whenever you get a negative and fearful thought, challenge those thoughts by developing and focusing on your goals. Goals can help you to focus on the facts of your current situation rather than your negative thoughts.
8. You still need to see a counselor for your fears: Developing goals in your life can increase your happiness and distract you from your current problems. Although accomplishing your goals may help you to feel good about yourself, you will still need to talk to a mental health professional who can help you to manage your fears and anxieties in the long run.
Consider The Following:
Stan’s book contains a lot more valuable information than the 14 articles and blog posts on this website. Stan’s book will make a difference in your recovery. If you know of anyone who is struggling, have them review this website and the book reviews and consider getting Stan’s affordable book by clicking on Get Stan’s Book