By: Stan Popovich
Do you have a difficult time distracting yourself from your fears and anxieties? If so, one of the ways to help overcome your fears is to develop some goals and then focus on reaching those goals.
Here are some suggestions on why it is important to develop goals in your life to help overcome your fears.
1.Goals Help You To Focus: Developing goals will help you manage your fears because goals will distract you from dwelling on your anxieties. For instance, you have to finish a report by the end of the week. If you focus on finishing your report, this will distract you from thinking about your fears and anxieties.
2. Goals Can Help Motivate You: Developing and following through with your goals will help motivate you to do other things. Being active can help you to not focus on your current anxieties and stresses, however you will still need to find a way to deal with your fears and anxieties for the long term.
3. Goals Require Developing A Plan: It is much easier to accomplish something if you know what you want and if you have a plan. Knowing what you want will help manage the stresses and anxieties that you may have. Having a sense of purpose can really help you in countering the stresses and anxieties in your life.
4. Goals Requires You To Be Active: Developing goals will help you to be active during your stressful times. Setting goals will help you to keep busy instead of worrying about your problems. Once you accomplish your goals, you will feel better about yourself.
5. Goals Can Improve Your Confidence: If you are able to accomplish some of your goals, you will become more confident in yourself. This will help you to give you the courage to pursue other things in your life and give you more confidence in dealing with your fears and anxieties.
6. You Should Still See A Counselor For Your Fears: You will still need to talk to a professional to learn the skills in managing your fears and anxieties. Developing goals in your life can increase your confidence and distract you from your current problems, but you should still talk to a counselor to find more long-term solutions in managing your mental health issues.
Consider The Following:
Stan’s book contains a lot more valuable information than the 14 articles and blog posts on this website. Stan’s book will make a difference in your recovery. If you know of anyone who is struggling, have them review this website and the book reviews and consider getting Stan’s affordable book by clicking on Get Stan’s Book