By: Stan Popovich
Do you know someone who lost a loved one or pet and they are extremely sad?
Many people who lose someone special can have a difficult time getting over their grief.
Here are six ways to help the person cope with grief based on the Bible’s perspective.
1: Understand how death works: Death is the bridge between this world and God`s world which we call Heaven. When a loved one dies, they are simply crossing the bridge from this world to Heaven. As long as the person has accepted God/Jesus in their life, they will enter Heaven. When someone dies, they are just crossing the bridge to where God and their loved ones reside. Talk to a minister for more information.
2. You will see your loved ones again: The good news is that if you accepted God/Jesus into your life, there is a very good chance you will see your loved ones again including your pets. They are simply in Heaven along with everyone else. Yes, there is a very good chance that your pets will be there even if they do not have souls. Remember that nothing is impossible with God.
3. You are not saying goodbye: Your loved ones are not gone and you will see them again if you play your cards right in accepting God/Jesus during your time on Earth. View grief as if you were going on vacation for a week; knowing when you come back you will see your loved ones again. Understanding how the process works will reduce your grief because you know that you will see your loved ones again.
4. Death is not final: Contrary to what everyone thinks, death is not final if you accepted God/Jesus in your life. Put your faith in God and rely on the promises in the Bible. You have two choices. You can listen to everyone’s individual perspectives on death or put your faith in Jesus and his promises in the Bible.
5. Join a support group: Joining a local grief or mental health support group can also be helpful. A person can go to their local hospital or church to get a list of support groups in their area that can help address their grief and sadness.
6. Talk to a grief counselor or minister: Seek help from a grief counselor or minister who can give you additional insights on how to deal with the grief of losing a loved one. A counselor or priest can give you advice and ideas on how to overcome your depression and sadness when someone you know passes away.
Consider The Following:
Stan’s book contains a lot more valuable information than the 14 articles and blog posts on this website. Stan’s book will make a difference in your recovery. If you know of anyone who is struggling, have them review this website and the book reviews and consider getting Stan’s affordable book by clicking on Get Stan’s Book