By: Stan Popovich
Do you get anxious and nervous when meeting other people? If so, it can be scary when you are trying to make friends with people that you do not know.
As a result, here are 6 suggestions on how you can make new friends without getting anxious and fearful.
1. The most important thing is to be yourself: Do not pretend to be someone you are not because it will eventually catch up to you. Being yourself will go a long way even if you are not the most popular person. Give people a chance to learn who you really are when developing new friendships.
2. Find people of similar interests: Meeting people with similar interests will make it easier to make friends because you will both have something in common. It will also make it easier to start a conversation with someone you just met.
3. Hang out with friendly people: Use good judgement in who you hang out with and try to find people who are friendly and easy to be with. If somebody gives you a hard time, then find someone else who may be easier to talk to. Don’t be in a rush to talk to the first person you see.
4. Consider the other person’s needs: Try to show some interest in the people you meet. Talk to them in terms of their needs and wants. Do not just talk about yourself. Asking questions and being a good listener can go a long way in developing long lasting friendships.
5. Keep an open mind: It is important not to judge people before you get to know them. Ask questions and get to know the person before deciding if you want to become friends. The key is to learn as much as you can about the person you are talking to. This will help you decide if this is a person you want to become friends with.
6. Talk to a professional: Take advantage of the help that is available around you. If possible, talk to a professional who can help you manage your shyness. A counselor will be able to provide you with additional advice and insights on how to deal with your social anxiety.
Consider The Following:
Stan’s book contains a lot more valuable information than the 14 articles and blog posts on this website. Stan’s book will make a difference in your recovery. If you know of anyone who is struggling, have them review this website and the book reviews and consider getting Stan’s affordable book by clicking on Get Stan’s Book