By: Stan Popovich
There are times when celebrities have to deal with negative news reports.
It can be very frustrating for the rich and famous to have their life scrutinized in the national media.
As a result, here are nine tips on how celebrities can deal with negative media reports regarding their career and personal life.
1. Determine a strategy beforehand: Chances are that if you are a celebrity you will get some negative exposure. Don’t wait until something happens. Plan ahead of time so that when something does happen you will know what to do in order to prevent negative consequences to your career. The personal life of a celebrity also needs to be considered when developing those plans.
2. Be consistent in dealing with the media: It is important to be consistent in how you deal with the media. If the media knows ahead of time what to expect from a celebrity, then that celebrity won’t get as much attention. The media will give more attention to those people who are always causing attention to themselves.
3. Use good judgement: Every celebrity has a right to live their own life, however use common sense and good judgement in what you do. Make an effort to conduct yourself in a professional manner when dealing with the public.
4. Watch what you say in public: Be careful on what you say when you are in public. The media and your fans will be eager to jump on anything that raises any question marks. Play it safe and don’t say anything that will cause problems down the road.
5. You can’t please everybody: No matter how popular you may be, there will always be people who will like you and those who do not. Make it a habit to enjoy your life rather than obsessing on what everybody thinks of you.
6. Learn from others: Learn from other celebrities on how they handle negative news reports. This will help you come up with different strategies on how to protect your reputation. You can also talk to a public relations expert who can give you additional advice.
7. Do not get overconfident: Many celebrities think that they are immune from negative media reports when things are going good. Public opinion can change with a snap of a finger. Don’t get too confident when things are going well in your professional career and in your personal life.
8. Develop a strong network of friends: It is important to have a strong support system in your celebrity career. You don’t want to have friends who will bail on you when things don’t go well. Develop friendships with family and friends that are not based on money. Everyone wants to be friends with a celebrity, however a celebrity usually finds themselves alone when there is trouble and controversy.
9. Prepare for unexpected surprises: Sometimes, things happen that can take you by surprise. Always be flexible when dealing with the media. When dealing with negative media reports, find ways to diffuse the situation. Keep an open mind and learn to find the solution instead of complaining and getting upset.
Like What You Read?
Get more info by ordering Stan’s managing fear book which will reduce your suffering and save you money in expensive counseling. You will find something in Stan’s book and website articles that will help you! Still not sure? Read the rest of Stan’s blog and study Stan’s professional book reviews from those who benefited from his 20+ years of experiences and insights. Get Stan’s affordable book right now at PayPal, Amazon, or Barnes & Noble by clicking on Get Stan’s Book