By: Stan Popovich
Many people who are in a relationship can sometimes get pressure from their family and friends to get married. Although your friends may mean well, being in a rush to get married can be a big mistake.
Here are six tips on how to deal with your friends who are pressuring you to get married and start a family.
1. Do what is best for you and your partner: The most important thing is to do what is best for your relationship. It is your life and you need to feel comfortable in your relationship. Do not be quick into making a life-long commitment if it is not something you want.
2. Communicate your intentions to your friends: Explain to your family and friends where you stand in terms of your current relationship. Give your peers the reasons on why you feel this way. Be willing to answer their questions so they understand where you are coming from.
3. Do not argue with others: Some people may not like your decision and will try to argue with you. The key is to stand your ground. Do what is best for you and stand behind your decisions. Do not let others change your mind.
4. Distance yourself from those who do not respect your decision: Nobody wants to be with people who are trying to get them to do something they don’t want to do. Make an effort to spend time with those who are supportive of your choices.
5. Getting married is not a race: Marriage is something not to be rushed into. Marrying the wrong person can have a toll on your mental health, your happiness, and your pocketbook. You’re better off to take your time and to go at a pace that makes you feel comfortable.
6. It is your life: Remember that getting married will affect the rest of your life. Do not let others determine how to manage your relationships. Your friends may have good intentions, but you got to do what works for you.
Consider The Following:
Stan’s book contains a lot more valuable information than the 14 articles and blog posts on this website. Stan’s book will make a difference in your recovery. If you know of anyone who is struggling, have them review this website and the book reviews and consider getting Stan’s affordable book by clicking on Get Stan’s Book