By: Stan Popovich
Many people turn to drugs and alcohol to help overcome their daily stresses and anxieties.
This can be a very big mistake and can make your problems even worse.
As a result, here are six reasons why drugs and alcohol are not the answers to your mental health issues.
1. Drugs and alcohol are dangerous to your health: Drugs and alcohol can ruin your health. Regardless of what you may think, drugs and alcohol do nothing but add more problems to your anxieties, fears, and depression. Many people have died because they abused drugs and alcohol.
2. Avoiding your problems does not work: Avoiding your fears and your problems through the use of drugs and alcohol are not the answers. Eventually, you will have to confront your fears and mental health issues. Save yourself the time and heartache and confront your problems now rather than later. You will be better off in the long run.
3. Drugs and alcohol can make things difficult: Drugs and alcohol can make your problems even more complicated. Many professionals and former addicts have said that drugs and alcohol will only add more misery to your situation. Be smart and learn how to cope with your mental health issues the right way.
4. You won’t learn how to manage your problems: When you decide to face your fears, you will begin to learn how to manage your stresses and anxieties. As time goes by, you will become better in dealing with your problems. This will make it easier to find the answers to your fears and anxieties.
5. Getting professional help is the best option: There are many professionals out there who can assist you in dealing with your mental health issues. There is nothing wrong with asking for assistance and making excuses will not help your situation. Talk to a counselor who can increase your chances of getting better.
If you feel uncomfortable talking to a professional counselor then your other option is to talk to someone who has struggled with drugs and alcohol in the past. Try to find somebody that has already been down that road and who can relate to your situation. By talking to a former addict, you will get the truth on how drugs and alcohol can destroy your life.
6. Do not make the mistake of doing nothing: There are many people who struggled with drugs and alcohol and they tried to ignore their problems. As a result, some of these people struggled on a daily basis and eventually they became very distant and unresponsive. Do not let this happen to you.
There are many mental health support groups in your area that can help get your life back on track. The people at these groups are willing to help you, but you must be willing to make the choice of getting better. These same people can also provide additional advice that could make a difference in your life. Remember that every problem has a solution. You just have to make the effort to find the answers.
Consider The Following:
Stan’s book contains a lot more valuable information than the 14 articles and blog posts on this website. Stan’s book will make a difference in your recovery. If you know of anyone who is struggling, have them review this website and the book reviews and consider getting Stan’s affordable book by clicking on Get Stan’s Book