By: Stan Popovich
Do you find it stressful in managing deadlines, going to meetings, and dealing with an endless amount of emails at your news media job?
If so, here are 7 suggestions on how to overcome the stress and anxieties of working in the news media industry.
1.Take a small break: A person can only do so much in a given day. If you feel like you are doing too much, a person should take a deep breath and try to find something to do for a few minutes to get their mind off of the problem. A person could take a walk, listen to some music, or do an activity that will give them a fresh perspective on things.
2. Delegate part of your responsibilities: Don’t try to do everything all by yourself. Learn to delegate your work with other members of your staff instead of doing everything all by yourself. Make sure you reward your staff and team members who helped you out.
3. Learn to prioritize: Make a list of what you need to do and then prioritize each task in order of importance. Once you do that, then do each task in order of its importance. This will help reduce the pressure of trying to do everything all at once.
4. Work in an environment that is best for you: Some news media jobs are more stressful than others due to the work environment. Try to find a job that is not as stressful and also matches your interests. You have the choice of determining the type of environment you want to be in.
5. Learn to organize your tasks: You can get a lot done in a small amount of time if you learn to organize your job responsibilities. This will cut down on how many hours you will have to work in a given week.
6. Become computer savvy: Many people in the news media have to deal with lots of emails, using social media, and doing a lot of internet searches. Knowing your way around the computer can help save a lot of time in getting what you need.
7. Be proactive in your career: Focus on doing the best job that you can and don’t worry about losing your job. Always keep your resume current and develop a network of friends in the media industry. Being proactive in your career will increase your chances of finding a better job if it comes down to it.
Consider The Following:
Stan’s book contains a lot more valuable information than the 14 articles and blog posts on this website. Stan’s book will make a difference in your recovery. If you know of anyone who is struggling, have them review this website and the book reviews and consider getting Stan’s affordable book by clicking on Get Stan’s Book