By: Stan Popovich
Some people wonder what it takes to have a happy marriage. The divorce rate nowadays is around 60%. Many people who are married are unhappy and many of us know either a friend or relative who are on their second or third marriage.
Here are 6 suggestions a person can use to help have a great and happy marriage with your partner.
1. Talk with your spouse on a regular basis: Communication with one another will prevent any misunderstandings on certain issues. When a problem does come up, discuss your feelings and opinion to the other person. Don’t assume that the other person knows how you feel.
2. Do not assume anything when you’re in a marriage: Small misunderstandings can become bigger problems in the future. If something is not going right, then talk to the other person right away. Do not wait for the problem to become a major issue in your marriage.
3. Learn to work with the other person: Being in a marriage is like being on part of a team; each member must do his or her own part. One person cannot do everything. Work with your spouse in maintaining your marriage and try to be flexible with the other person’s needs.
4. Do focus on your point of view. Try to see things from the other person’s perspective. This will help you to see where the other person is coming from which will increase your understanding of the situation. Don’t assume that you are the one who has all the answers.
5. Be a good listener: Listen to what your partner when they talk to you about their problems. Do not judge the other person. Understanding only comes from being a great listener and this will greatly reduce your marriage issues.
6. Seek the services of a marriage counselor: There is nothing wrong with seeking help. Maintaining a marriage is very difficult so it is important to get additional advice from an experienced professional. Many people who seek the services of a marriage counselor can learn effective ways on maintaining a happier marriage.
Consider The Following:
Stan’s book contains a lot more valuable information than the 14 articles and blog posts on this website. Stan’s book will make a difference in your recovery. If you know of anyone who is struggling, have them review this website and the book reviews and consider getting Stan’s affordable book by clicking on Get Stan’s Book