By: Stan Popovich
Being on TV and on the radio can be very exciting, however many people get anxious and sometimes fearful of being in the media spot light.
Here are some suggestions I found to be helpful when managing my anxieties and fears when I go on TV and the radio.
1. Determine your goals: Make a list of everything you want to accomplish by going on TV and the radio. Having goals or tasks you want to accomplish will give you the motivation to go forward and help take away some of your fears and anxieties.
2. Develop a plan: Focus on creating a strategy on how you want to accomplish your goals of being in the news. Having a plan will better prepare you when you go on TV and the radio and will reduce your anxieties and fears.
3. Do your homework: Make an effort to learn everything you need to know before going doing an interview. Ask the people in charge what you need to do before the interview. Do not be afraid to ask questions which can help you when it comes time for the interview. Being prepared will help reduce any potential problems that may arise. Also, do not forget to practice before the interview.
4. Be sincere and honest: People tend to shy away from those who pretend to care when they really don’t. You will win over a lot of fans if you are genuine, honest, and caring. Focus on how you can help others rather than dwelling on your anxieties and fears.
5. Watch what you say: Be careful on what you say when doing the interview. Some people in the media could be eager to jump on anything that raises any question marks. Play it safe and don’t say anything that will cause you problems down the road.
6. Learn from your experiences: Its important to learn what went right and what went wrong after you do the interview. Use your recent experiences to help prepare you for the next time you go on TV and the radio. Also, don’t forget to say thank you to the people who interviewed you.
Consider The Following:
Stan’s book contains a lot more valuable information than the 14 articles and blog posts on this website. Stan’s book will make a difference in your recovery. If you know of anyone who is struggling, have them review this website and the book reviews and consider getting Stan’s affordable book by clicking on Get Stan’s Book